To Know God and Make Him Known
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word given by divine inspiration, the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity. (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe in the one living and true God, perfect in wisdom, sovereignty, holiness, justice, mercy and love who exists eternally in 3 persons, The Father, The Son The Holy Spirit (1 Timothy 1:17; Psalm 86:15; Deuteronomy 32:3-4).
- We believe God created an order of spiritual beings called angels to serve Him and do His will (Psalm 148:1-5; Colossians 1:16).
- We believe God created man in His own image to have fellowship with Himself and to be steward over His creation (Genesis 1:26-28).
- We believe salvation is redemption by Christ of the whole person from sin and death (2 Timothy 1:9-10; 1 Thessalonians 5:23).
- We believe the Church is the body of which Christ is the head and all who believe in Him are members (Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 12:4-5).
- We believe religious liberty, rooted in Scripture, is the inalienable right of all individuals to freedom of conscience with ultimate accountability to God (Genesis 1:27; John 8:32; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Romans 8:21; Acts 5:29).
- We believe Christians, individually and collectively, are salt and light in society (Matthew 5:13-16).
- We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring all things to their appropriate end and establish the new heaven and the new earth (Ephesians 1:9-10, Revelation 21:1).
- We believe that the Bible teaches that marriage is between one man and one woman only, and to recognize other unions as legitimate marriages would be contrary to our understanding of scripture within the North American Baptist Conference.
(Adopted by the NAB Conference delegates, July 5-9, 2006; revision approved by the General Council, May 14, 2011).